The Effect of Grass Pellet on Livestock Husbandry Industry
We can see the grass all over the world, and most grass are used to feed livestock. Now, in order to increase the breeding benefit, and with the appearance of pellet machine, many farmer started using the grass pellet to feed livestock. Grass pellet is not affected by seasons, and has lots of benefits.
Benefits of grass pellets for livestock
- High utilization rate and transform rate. As we know that, the growth of the grass is influenced by seasons. When the weather becomes cold, the grass will turn wither with less nutrients. But in the warm season, the grass grow vigorous with more nutrients. To make sure the livestock can get the nutritive feed in winter, we can use the grass pellet mill to transform the grass into grass pellet in the warm season, and store them. Then, in winter, the grass pellet can be fed to the livestock. In addition, the grass pellet fed to the livestock in winter, enable the livestock get more nutrients, so we can gain more meat, and milk.
- Storage conveniently. The grass after compressed by the pellet machine turn into grass pellet, its volume is decrease greatly. So that it is convenient to storage and transportation.
- Increase palatability and improve quality of the grass. Sweet clover has a special smell, such as the coumarin, so the livestock don’t like eat. But after turn into the coumarin pellet, it becomes the forage with good palatability and high nutrition.
- Increase the digestibility. Livestock chew the grass pellet need a longer time, that will improve their mouth secrete more amylase, stimulate the peristalsis of their intestinal and increase the digestibility of the nutriment. In addition, in the process of pressing, the grass pellet after high temperature and high pressure, the material, which will hinder the nutriment be digested, is passivation, that also can increase the digestibility of the forage.
- Sterilization and disinfection. In the process of pressing, the grass pellet will go though the short-time heating of 70 ℃ to 100 ℃, that can kill some parasitic ovum, and reduce disease.
Grass pellet processing technology
Grass pellet processing technology is that use the dryer to drying the grass, and get the grass with suitable moisture content, and then use the pellet mill to pressing the grass into grass pellet, after that, cool the grass pellet by the cooler, and screen the grass pellet. The grass pellet has the bright and clean surface, and the hardness moderation, the size of the grass pellet can adjust according to different livestock. The feature of use the pellet machine to make pellet is that, it is easy to make the cellulose, microelement and additive added to the grass pellet, improve the nutriment values.
The key point of choose the pellet mill
- Choose the pellet mill with shaft type transmission, such the pellet mill has strong torsion and overload resistance. In the processing, the machine will not get stuck because add grass meal.
- The pellet mill with good quality used the roller and die plate made of Chromium manganese titanium alloy. It has strong abrasive resistance and long service life.
- The pellet mill should has the wide adaptability, it can used for different raw material, and make different size pellet for different livestock.
- Before feed the livestock should train them about one week, make them form the habit that eat the pellet feed. Feeding 2 times a day and allowing the livestock eat freely. To increase the digestibility, it’s better to feed a little green hay in the evening. The norm of the amount of pellet fodder feed to livestock for every day is that has a little residual. The demand of water when the livestock feed pellet fodder is more than that pastured, when the water shortage, livestock will refused to eat, so you should offer water to them in certain time.
- Pellet feed will expanded and broken when it touch water, that will effect the livestock eat fodder. So, it is better not to feed the livestock in the open lair when the rainy period coming.
- Before feeding must insecticide and medicated for the livestock. To the better use of feed, the livestock which has diseases must be symptomatic treated.