Comparison of Diesel Pellet Mill, Electric Pellet Mill, PTO Pellet Mill and Gasoline Pellet Mill
Flat die pellet mills are usually used to produce animal feed, wood pellets, and fuel pellets for use in a pellet stove, which is one of common types of pellet mills. Flat die pellet mills use a flat die with slots. It primarily consist of major components: press roller, flat die, feeder, gear bearings and power source. The powder is introduced to the top of the die and as the die rotates a roller presses the powder through the holes in the die. A cutter on the other side of the die cuts the exposed pellet free from the die. According to the engine, flat die pellet mills can be divided into electric pellet mill, diesel pellet mill, PTO pellet mill and gasoline pellet mill.
Diesel Flat Die Pellet Mill
Diesel flat die pellet mill is suitable for making small amount pellet in a small pellet plant or on a farm. Diesel wood pellet mill is driven by a diesel engine, so that it is movable and can’t be limited by electricity resource. Using flat die pelletizing principle, diesel flat die pellet mill can make wood pellets that have a high hardness. In addition to wood pellets, other materials can be pressed by diesel flat die pellet mill, such as agricultural waste, grass, etc.
The features of Diesel Flat Die Pellet Mill
- No engine limit
Flat die pellet mills with diesel engine making pellets production can avoid the shortage supply of electricity, especially in the rural area.
- Low Cost
The low price of diesel fuel make low cost energy production. Cheap energy will decrease the cost of whole production effectively, which will be helpful for you to save a lot of money.
- Diesel easy to get
Among all the fossil fuels, diesel is the most easily available one to get around the world.
- Speed control
Equipped with the clutch and accelerating-decelerating device make it easy to change its speed.
- Different size
There are different pellets sizes can be from 2-12 mm upon your requirement. Making different size just need to change the die mould.
Electric Flat Die Pellet Mill
Electric flat die pellet mill is machine that is driven by electric motor, also be called small pellet mill, just like Diesel flat die pellet mill, it is a good choice for small-scale pellets production because of its small size and cheap price. Electric flat die pellet mill can be not only applied to home heating and cooking, but also has wide application in animal bedding plant.
Features of Electric Flat Die Pellet Mill
- Due to driven by electric motor, Electric flat die pellet mill is more energy-saving and environmental friendly. Don’t worry about pollution, and you can save cost, you just pay a small sum of money on the small pellet mill.
- It has simple structure and small area coverage, the pellet mills are easy to operate and maintain.
- Electric flat die pellet mills can make various kinds of solid grain into pellets, which can meet animals feeding, such as fish, shrimps, chicken, rabbit, pig, etc.
- Electric flat die pellet mills are movable, you can use it conveniently.
PTO Flat Die Pellet Mill
PTO pellet mill refers to the mill is driven by the tractor, PTO stand for power take off, the PTO pellet mill is connected with a tractor and popular type of mini pellet mill for farm use, especially for who has already got a tractor, you can use the PTO pellet mill with your tractor. The pellets made by the PTO pellet mills are mainly used as fuels for heating, cooking and so on. Besides that, the PTO pellet mill can also make pellets for animal bedding and animal feed.
Features of PTO Flat Die Pellet Mill
- PTO pellet mills are small size and less weight, which decide that are easy to remove and use, the machine is portable compared to other types of pellet mill.
- It is more practical and convenient for pellet production because the PTO pellet mill can be connected with any engines.
- Because of the its reasonable and professional design, without place and energy limitation, the PTO driven pellet mill has a relatively high working efficiency than other types of pellet mills, and it also consume low energy.
- You can choose various kinds of pore diameter flat die.
Gasoline Flat Die Pellet Mill
Gasoline flat die pellet mill means the pellet mill powered by gasoline (or gas). Gasoline pellet mills are made for people who do not be easy to use electricity but have sufficient gasoline, what is important is that they want to make pellets, the gasoline pellet mill just meet their requirements. Because the capacity of gasoline pellet mill is small, it is usually suitable for home use.
Features of Gasoline Flat Die Pellet Mill
- This type of pellet mill is more portable because of its simple structure.
- It is practical for home use to adopt screw-center pressure structure.
- With these characteristics like steady operation, high production, low energy consumption and easy operation.
- Durable spare parts will decrease maintenance cost.
- You can easily control the evolving speed of this gas pellets mill which make it adjustable.