Making Alfalfa Pellets with Alfalfa Pellet Mill
Named as ''the king of grazing grasses’’, alfalfa is always considered as the first choice of animal feeding among all grasses. Alfalfa has advantages of high yield, protein and good forage quality. Fresh alfalfa has mass water, which make cattle digest and excrete quickly. With the practical needs, people always use the alfalfa hay or alfalfa pellets as their cattle, goats, horse or other kinds of animal's feed. Which one is better for animal feeding?
Even the alfalfa hay and alfalfa pellets have same nutritional value, but there are differences between them on the function. As the high quality coarse fodder, alfalfa hay has been accepted in so many ranches. During the process of feeding, alfalfa hay usually accumulate, some residual alfalfa is very common in the basin, which result in so much waste. In addition to, animals don't like to eat the alfalfa hay when so much alfalfa meal into their nose. Conversely, the alfalfa pellets can best avoid these problems.
What the advantages and disadvantages of alfa pellets? How to make alfalfa pellets? How to choose proper alfalfa pellet machine? As a professional pellet mill manufacturer, GEMCO lists all details for your convenience, find your answers below!
Advantage and Disadvantage of alfalfa pellets
- Easy to store and transport. Alfalfa pellets have small size and light weigh, and low water absorbency.
- Avoid the cattle dietary choosiness, and reduce food waste.
- Have good palatability and increase feed intake.
- As we all know, alfalfa has high nutrition, if cattle take too much, after the sun exposure, they will have a higher levels of skin inflammation.
- Caused flatulence, especially for the cud chewer like cow or sheep.
How to make alfalfa pellet?
How to make alfalfa pellets? Alfalfa pellet mill can help you make dehydrated alfalfa hay into pellets easily.
- Firstly, get your alfalfa pellet mill or pellet plant ready. If just for own use at home, a small pellet mill is enough. For a pellet plant, you can take a large scale machine and related equipment.
- Secondly, prepare a dryer. As we all know, the wetter or dryer material will affect the final quality of biomass pellets, so you need a dryer to get the suitable moisture, which is always about 15%.
- Thirdly, Grinding alfalfa to get appropriate size for the alfalfa pellet machine.
- Finally, put the alfalfa to the feeder of the alfalfapellet mill.
Recommended alfalfa pellet mill or pellet plant
Diesel pellet mill
- Apply to the small and midsize businesses, low-energy and low noise
- Very small space required, reduce working space taking
- Lower electricity consumption, it is convenient and easy to work directly.
- Reliable performance, high output and high sensitivity.
How to choose the feed pellet machine?
To some beginners: you may feel confused in how to choose a proper feed pellet machine, here are some tips maybe helpful.
- Choose a reliable pellet machine manufacturer or supplier. You can evaluate manufacturer from following aspects. Check out the certifications for products; Make sure it is a real manufacturer not the middleman. Consult if perfect after-sales service is available or not; check the wearing parts’ service life and delivery time.
- Choose suitable pellet machine die according to your own situation. Different livestock needs different pellet size, for example, chicken and fish need the fine feed while the sheep need more coarse grain. You should choose proper pellet machine with different dies.
- Productivity. In general, we recommend that choose the output of pellet machine is higher than you need. It is unavoidable that the dies appeared wearing problems, which may cause a lower output. So that choose the pellet mill with a higher output will be better.
- Auxiliary equipment. Feed pellet mill may have different applications by your needs. If you want to start your business with alfalfa pellet mill, you might also need related machines include dryer, hammer mill, cooler and packing machine.