Do you know the binder in aquatic feed pellet?
In recent years, because of the binder’s important role in aquaculture industry, it gradually becomes a hot area of research, and now the binder can meet the need of various animal. Binder in the aquatic feed pellet is different form livestock feed pellet, binder in livestock is mainly used for improve the molding rate of pellet, reduce pellet dust and protect the environment, so the livestock feed pellet binder is not very important. However, the binder in aquatic feed pellet is much more important than it in the livestock feed pellet. The binder used in aquatic feed pellet is for extend scatter time, prevent the nutriment dissolve-loss in the water, ensure the normal feeding of fish and shrimp.
What effect the stability of aquatic feed pellet?
- The starch, crude fiber and moisture content of raw material. under the high temperature and high humidity conditions, starch will easy to gelatinization . Crude fiber has low-viscosity, which effect the hardness and molding rate of pellet. The moisture content of raw material effect the quality and output of pellet. Usually, before produce pellet, control the moisture content in the range of 12% to 13%, in the mixing process, add 2% to 3% of water will helpful to improve the stability and hardness of feed pellet.
- The fineness of the crushing. The fineness of the crushing takes a great influence to the waterproof of feed pellet. If feed pellet is oversize, it will effect the starch, which on the surface of raw material, can’t gelatinized completely, then the feed pellet in the water will easy to scatter.
What feature dose feed pellet binder should have?
- Perfect adhesiveness. To ensure the complete nutritive value, reduce pellet dust and prevent feed pellet can’t broken transport, the binder should has the perfect degree of adhesion.
- Easy to produce, have the feasibility of industrial production. It’s better that itself can be the nutrient for animals, none toxic, bad flavor and harmful effect to digestion, internal secretion, nervous physiology, muscle, grow and body color of the animals.
- High chemical stability and heat stability, can not generate chemical reaction with else feed component. Hasn’t specially requirement to the processing of compound feeds.
How to choose feed pellet binder?
- The nutritive value of binder. Most of binder are protein and sugar, can provide a certain of nutritive. Consider the impacts of binder on aquatic animals’ growth and survive, if there are too much starch, that will effect the growth of fish.
- Use the binder properly. Enough temperature, moisture and time. Fresh raw material, good preserve conditions. Binder always appears self-cross linked reaction, and the higher the temperature the faster the reaction. In addition, the binder is easy to affected with damp, so it should be preserved to the dry and shade place.
- Observe the interaction between binder and feed component, see that if the binder can destroy the nutrient composition.
- Choose the suitable binder for different farmed animals. Different farmed animals has their own feeding habit, so you should according to the animals’ different feeding habit and the binder’s different performance to choose the suitable binder. Use binder certainly will increase cost, so that, when there isn’t economic benefit, it had better not use the feed pellet binder.